Note: Before attempting to close Sage 200 accounting periods, make sure that you perform all the necessary tasks, including the individual module preparatory tasks, described in Period end routines.
Note: Before closing a period, it is essential that you back up your database. Do not carry out a close period procedure if any other user is logged on to Sage 200.
After closing the Sales Ledger or Purchase Ledger period, you can archive your sales and purchase transactions using the Account Maintenance options. After closing the Nominal Ledger period, you can archive your balance sheet and profit and loss transactions using the Nominal Ledger Account Maintenance option.
- Prints an Order Summary report detailing the number of transactions, the turnover, credit limit and balance of each account. All values are printed in the base currency.
- Opens the next period if it is marked as Future.
- Updates the turnover values for each account on the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger so the next period value is moved to the current period, the current period value is moved to the previous period, and so on.
Before closing an accounting period, you must have:
- The correct user permissions for closing the period.
- Followed the period (month) end tasks for each of the modules.
- Updated all pending transactions for all modules.
- If you are closing a period for the Cash Book, made sure unprocessed standing orders and direct debits for the period have been processed for bank transactions.
- If you are closing a period for Nominal Ledger Adjustments, made sure the period is closed for all the other ledgers.
- Backed up the Sage 200 database.
To close accounting periods
Open: Accounting System Manager > Accounting Periods > Maintain Accounting Periods.
To close a period for a single module, select the period (marked as Open) and click Change Period Status.
You'll be asked to confirm that you want to close the period.
To close a period for all modules, select any module in that period and click Close All.
You'll be asked to confirm that you want to close the periods.
This will close any module in that period that is currently set to Open. The Close All option will not be available if there are any modules set to Future in that period.
This feature is only available from Sage 200 Professional Spring 2019 version onwards.