If a customer wants to proceed with an order following receipt of a pro forma invoice, you can create the order from the pro forma invoice. After conversion, you process the sales order in the usual way.
You can convert several pro formas at the same time.
You cannot convert a pro forma in the following circumstances:
- The customer account is on hold.
- The stock item is no longer stored at the warehouse specified for the item in the pro forma invoice.
- The specified warehouse no longer permits sales.
- The item is no longer sold using the selling unit specified in the pro forma invoice.
- The item is no longer sold using the selling price unit specified in the pro forma invoice.
- The item is no longer active.
During conversion the following checks are made. When the conversion is complete, details of any anomalies are displayed in a Conversion summary. Once converted into a sales order, you cannot amend original pro forma.
If the customer has exceeded their credit limit, the sales order is put On hold. You can choose to override this, if you have the correct user permissions.
If you have not specified a default warehouse on the quotation, you must choose the warehouse you want to despatch the goods from.
The order lines are fulfilled using the default Stock Order Fulfilment method set for the stock item on the stock control settings SOP fulfilment methods tab.
Stock is allocated to the order if you have chosen to Allocate stock on order entry in the Processing tab of SOP Settings.
If there is not enough stock to fulfil the order, a warning is displayed. You can continue to create the order.
If you have chosen to assign batch/serial numbers to traceable items when allocating stock on the stock control settings Options tab, the batch/serial numbers are automatically assigned to the order. If required, you can amend the order to change these numbers.
The price of the goods on each line are converted exactly as they were entered on the pro forma. If the prices have changed since the pro forma was issued, the new prices are not applied to the converted sales order.
- The pro forma is marked as Completed.
- A new order is created.
- If you have chosen to generate order numbers automatically on the SOP Settings Document Numbering tab, the next available order number is used. Otherwise, you must specify the order number to use.
- If you have chosen to Allocate stock on order entry in the Processing tab of SOP Settings, the stock will be allocated to the lines involving the stock.
To create a sales order from a pro forma invoice
Open: Sales Order Processing > Pro Forma Invoices > Convert Pro Forma to Sales Order.
- Use the Selection criteria to display the pro forma invoice(s) that you want to convert.
- Select the pro forma invoice(s) from the list and click Convert Pro Forma.
- To continue, click OK when prompted to do so, or click No to cancel.
- If you are using multiple locations, specify the warehouse you want the order despatched from.
- The system performs a number of checks and displays a Conversion Summary report. Check the Conversion Summary report which you can print.
- To create the sales order, click Continue.
Confirm the order.
- If the customer is a prospect, you can click New to create a new account, or select an account that you've already created.
- If the pro forma invoice is for a foreign currency customer then you must confirm the exchange rate to be used for the order. The order uses the exchange rate on the customer account, by default. Changing the exchange rate does not change the prices on the order.