If you have chosen to use multiple locations, you must create your warehouses.
Warehouses can be used to record the physical location of stock. They can also be used to differentiate stock according to other criteria such as those for internal use only or for bonded goods.
To create a warehouse
Open: Stock Control > Stock Maintenance > Locations.
The Add New Warehouse window is displayed.
Enter a unique Warehouse name.
Note: You cannot use names such as Returns and Home, as these are used as defaults by Sage 200.
- Enter a description of the warehouse (optional).
- Set the intended use for the warehouse.
Use for sales trading
Select this if you want to sell stock items from the warehouse using the Sales Order Processing module.
Clear this option if you do not sell stock from this location. For example, if this location was a warehouse where you stored stock before moving it to your shops.
Specify whether the warehouse is Valid for component source in the Bill of Materials module or in Manufacturing.
- In BOM processes, such as trial kitting, allocation, building items.
- In the Works Orders module, although you must also include it in a warehouse hierarchy, using the Maintain Component Warehouses window.
Note: If you do not select the check box, the warehouse will not appear in the list of warehouses available in the Bill of Materials module, and if you include it in a warehouse hierarchy, a warning will let you know the warehouse will be ignored by the Works Orders and Planning modules.
- Enter the Postal name, Address, Contact, Telephone, Fax, E-mail and Web site address. This is optional.
Select the VAT Country code for the warehouse.
Note: This is used for Intrastat declarations if you are shipping from a warehouse in a different country to a third country.
- Click OK to close this window and return to the Maintain Warehouses window.
Set up a list of internal contacts if you are using Manufacturing modules.
Note: These are not the contact details of the suppliers who supply the items. Supplier contacts are stored in the Purchase Ledger account.