You can set up a bank account in Sage 200 for any type of account you pay money in and out of. These can be for cash and credit cards as well as standard bank accounts. Bank accounts can be in any currency and all balances are stored in that currency.
Each bank account has a corresponding Nominal ledger account.
- The bank account record is created.
- If the bank account record is the first base currency bank account, then this is set as the default bank account for the Cash Book.
- If you are using Sage e-Banking, the bank account is enabled for automatic processing according to your selections.
The first base currency bank account created in the Cash Book is automatically assigned as the default bank account. As you create more bank accounts, select the account you want to use as default, using the Cash Book Settings.
You must have:
- Set up your Cash Book.
- Created your nominal accounts and specified your default nominal accounts in the Nominal Ledger.
- Enabled e-Banking in the Purchase Ledger settings Options tab, if you want to use it.
- Subscribed to an appropriate electronic bank service if you want to use e-Banking.
Note: If you subscribe to an electronic banking service and enable e-Banking in the Purchase Ledger, the first time subsequently that you enter a new account or amend an existing account you will be presented with a registration form for your chosen electronic banking service. You must register for the electronic banking service by entering your user name and password. You will not need to do this again once you have registered, even if you switch e-Banking off and on again in the Purchase Ledger.
Note: If you want to set up a bank account for use with the Supplier Payments service, see Set up Supplier Payments for Sage 200.
To enter a new bank account
Open: Cash Book > Cash Book Accounts > Enter New Account.
- Enter the bank account details on the relevant tabs:
- Account number, sort code, name, currency, and nominal account, on the Account Details tab.
- Contact details on the Contacts tab.
- Statement balances on the Statement Balances tab.
- Add reminder notes about dealings with the bank on the Memos tab.
- Attach documents and files related to the bank account, using the Attachments tab.
- Use the E-Banking tab if you want to use
Sage bank feeds ore-Banking.
- Click Save to save the bank account.