You must subscribe to the e-Banking service for your bank and this must also be compatible with Sage e-Banking.
The Sage e-Banking component and the component for your bank's e-Banking service must be installed with Sage 200cloud desktop app.
After the Sage 200cloud desktop app has been installed, you need to install the required components on all PCs that will be using the service.
Install the Sage e-Banking component
You do this from the application or from the Sage Installers folder on your server ( C:\Sage\Installers\Sage 200 EBanking\Setup.exe).
- From the Tools menu, select Installers > Install eBanking components.
- Click Install.
Install the e-Banking service for your bank
Click the link below to see a list of available banks on the Sage website:
- Find your bank and the e-Banking service you use. Click Download plug-in.
- Close and re-open the desktop app to see your e-Banking Service in the list.
Set up bank accounts to use e-Banking
Open: Cash Book > Bank Account List > New Account | E-Banking.
Open: Cash Book > Bank Account List > Amend Account | E-Banking.
Select the E-Banking service you will be using.
Note: You will only see your bank listed here if you have downloaded and installed the plug-in for your bank.
Choose the tasks you will be using with e-Banking from the E-Banking functions list.
- Payments if you want to pay your suppliers via e-banking.
- Bank reconciliation only.
- Both payments and bank reconciliation if you want to make the most of it and do both.
Note: Not all banks support all functions. If you can't see a function in the list, it's not supported by your bank.
Files for e-Banking are saved to your user Documents folder by default. To change this click File Locations.Set e-Banking file locations
- Click File Locations.
- To choose the folder for your e-Banking files, select your Common directory.
- To specify separate locations for statement reconciliation (that come from your bank) and payment files (that you will send to your bank), select Override Common Directory.
In the Statement Reconciliation Service section, click Browse to select the folder where Sage 200cloud will look for statement files for reconciliation.
If your incoming bank statement files will have a specific file extension, enter it in the File extension field.
In the Payment file options section, click Browse to select the folder where Sage 200cloud will save the payment files for you to send to your bank.
Output payment files are named according to the date they are produced. You can add a prefix to the file name by entering a File identifier field. You can add a file extension in the File extension field. The example field shows what the file name will look like.
Set up supplier accounts to use e-Banking
If you want to pay your suppliers via e -banking, each supplier account must belong to an payment group that uses an Electronic payment method and your must use the Generate payments feature to pay your suppliers.
You can create a single payment group for all suppliers that you pay via e-banking or you can use separate groups. You might want separate groups if you do your payment runs at different times, or want to use a mixture of printed or emailed remittances.
Open: Suppliers List > Amend Account | Payment
Choose an Electronic Payment group for each supplier account. Choose from:
- Electronic Payment
- Electronic Payment Remittance ( Paper)
- Electronic Payment Remittance (Email)
Tip: You can change the labels for the payment groups to make them more meaningful for your business in the Supplier settings.
Set up your VAT return to pay HMRC via e-Banking (UK only)
Open: Nominal Ledger > Utilities > Ledger Set Up > Nominal Ledger Settings | VAT submissions
Select Enable online VAT payments (UK only).
The bank details for the HMRC are entered automatically. Do not change these unless you have received notification from HMRC.
- Select the bank account to pay the VAT from. The VAT payment defaults to this bank account.
- Choose a nominal account to post the VAT payment to.