Open: Purchase Ledger > Utilities > Ledger Set Up > Ledger Settings | Options.
Open: Purchase Ledger > Utilities > Ledger Set Up > View Ledger Settings | Options
Enter or view the following settings:
Note: You must install electronic banking in the Cash Book before you can use e-Banking.
You need a subscription to an electronic banking service that is compatible with Sage e-Banking.
To link Sage 200cloud to your electronic banking service you must:
- Set up e-Banking in the Cash Book, for the bank account you intend to use for electronic banking.
- Select Electronic Bank Payments in the Purchase Ledger settings.
Set up a payment group that supports electronic payment on the Payment Groups tab.
Note: You must set up electronic banking in the Cash Book before you can select this option.
If you change this so it is no longer selected, payment groups are no longer linked with e-Banking. Payment groups that were previously linked with e-Banking will not be linked with any payment method. You must ensure that you correct the payment method on all payment groups before trying to pay suppliers.
- Handles multiple transactions of the same type, e.g. invoices, and processes them in one session.
- Allows you to change individual transactions before the batch is posted.
- Double checks your entries against a batch total.
There are two separate batch processing options in the Purchase Ledger menu:
- Batched Transactions. This allows access to batches input by the logged on user only.
- Batched Transactions (Manager). This allows access to all batches.
You can change the setting, provided there are no unposted batches on the system. Changing the setting to selected enables the menu options. Changing it so that it is not selected means that you cannot use the menu options.
The account reference is a number which is automatically increased by 1, each time you create a supplier account.
Enter the number you want your customer accounts to start from in the Begin automatic generation with box.
If you already use a numbering system for your customer accounts, you can assign the references manually.
If you are manually assigning account references:
- Use account references of the same lengths to ensure accurate results when searching account records.
- An account reference can contain both numbers and letters up to eight characters in length.
- The Sales Ledger does not differentiate between upper and lower case letters so an account reference of abc is considered the same as account reference ABC.
This setting influences how the ledger locates your account records. If you decide to change the setting at a later date it will have an adverse effect on how the ledger searches for and locates your existing account records. We therefore recommend that after setting this option you do not change it in the future.
Select this to include additional nominal transaction information for each transaction that is entered.
A new column Transactional analysis is displayed when entering the following transactions:
- Purchase Invoice.
- Purchase Credit Note.
- Purchase Payment.
- Purchase Receipt.
- Batched Transactions.
This affects new postings entered subsequently. It will not affect existing nominal transactions that have been posted or are in the waiting postings files. However, if you clear this setting, the column will be removed and you will no longer be able to see the codes entered previously.