Use the supplier workspaces to investigate and find information about your supplier accounts and transactions. You can find the amounts you owe your suppliers and when you last made a payment to them. This helps you to determine the status of individual accounts.
The workspaces differ from the enquiries in that you can:
- See information for more than one supplier at a time.
- Select a supplier or transaction, and detailed information about it is shown on linked panels.
- Hide and display columns as required.
- Filter the lists to only see the items you're interested in.
- Print and export the lists to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Run related reports.
Open: Suppliers > Supplier Enquiries > Supplier Account Enquiry.
Use this to see details of your supplier accounts such as address and contact details, aged balances and so on.
- Highlight a supplier account and see the contact details, financial information, general information, bank, factor houses, credit, aged balances by due date, turnover by year and period, analysis codes, memos, settings and defaults and attachments associated with the supplier account.
Open a related workspace with the content already filtered. For example, if you want to view the transactions for a specific account, select the account (using the check box) and choose Actions > Workspaces > Supplier Current Transaction Enquiry. The Supplier Current Transaction Enquiry workspace opens with the list of transactions filtered for the selected account.
Note: This option is not available if you have more than one row selected.
- Add a memo to an account. Select the account (using the check box) and choose Actions > Purchase Accounts > Add Memo.
- Desktop only - Complete related tasks from the list of Actions, such as amending an account, or entering an invoice or purchase order for a selected account.
- Sort and filter the list of accounts. Use the filter options to see information such as supplier accounts by analysis code, or by credit limit, or by accounts on hold.
- Search for a specific account. For example, use the toolbar filter to find an account by reference or name.
- Print a list of the accounts that you are interested in.
- Export the list of accounts that you are interested in to an Excel spreadsheet.
Run related reports.
Open: Suppliers > Supplier Enquiries > Supplier Transaction Enquiry.
Use this to see a detailed breakdown of each current transaction held on your supplier accounts. You can use this to establish whether it has been fully paid, part paid or remains outstanding.
- Select a transaction and see the transaction details, nominal and VAT analysis, bank postings, allocation details and history, revaluation history and transaction memos.
Open a related workspace with the content already filtered. For example, if you want to view the account for a specific transaction, select the transaction (using the check box) and choose Actions > Workspaces > Supplier Account Enquiry. The Supplier Account Enquiry workspace opens with the list of accounts filtered for the selected transaction.
Note: This option is not available if you have more than one item selected.
View and add a query flag to a transaction
You can assign or remove a query flag on a transaction. Placing a query prevents further actions on a transaction until you remove the query. This is different from applying an On Hold flag to the whole account.
To add a query flag, select the transaction and choose Actions > Adjust Transactions > Query Code.
- Desktop only - Complete related tasks from the list of Actions, such as amend an allocation.
- Sort and filter the list of transactions. Use the filter options to see information such as outstanding transactions, transactions by due date, transactions for a specific supplier, or transactions by settlement discount due date and so forth.
- Search for a specific transaction. For example, use the toolbar filter to find a transaction by reference, date, or value.
- Print the details of transactions you are interested in.
- Export the details of transactions you are interested in to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Run related reports.