This is only applicable to Sage 200 Professional deployed on-premise.
You can refresh your licence via the Internet.
If you are not connected to the Internet, you can generate a licence request.
You will need to open port 443 on your PC, and grant permission for:
- https://licensing.services.sage.com and https://licensing2.services.sage.com
Google needs to be allowed as Sage 200 will ping Google to check for an internet connection before it connects to the licensing server.
To refresh your licence
Open: System Administration > Licence.
- Click Download new licence.
Updates are picked up by your licence. If you have added modules or users, these are picked up also and your entitlement is refreshed.
To generate a licence request to refresh your licence
To register offline, you generate a licence request file which you send to your Sage Support provider via email. You will receive a licence entitlement file which you import to register Sage 200.
In System Administration, right-click Licence.
Enter your Account Number and Serial Number and click Generate Licence Request.
This creates a licence file in XML format which you send to your Sage Support provider.
- Browse to where you want to save the XML file.
- Enter a File name and click Save.
- Email this XML file to your Sage Support provider.
You will receive an email with your refreshed licence entitlement file attached. This has the extension .ent (Entitlement files). Save this file to your PC.
- Open System Administration > Licence.
Right-click and select Import Licence File.
- Click Import Licence File and browse to where you saved the ENT file.
- Select the file and click Open.
Your license is activated.