Open: Purchase Order Processing > Purchase Orders > Enter New Order | Order Details.
Click Add Items.
- Select Standard item.
Enter the item's details:
Select the item using the Code or Name drop-down list. The description of the item is displayed.
If you use multiple locations, specify the warehouse where you want the goods to be delivered to.
Note: You must have chosen to allow direct delivery of goods on the Order Entry of the POP settings.Set the direct delivery address
- Using the Address list, you can select any address that has been entered and saved on the order. You can also select Direct Delivery Address from the list.
Click Direct Delivery Address to specify either a customer or supplier address or to type in the address required using free text entry.
- From the Direct Delivery Address window, select from the following sources:
- Customer account: Select the customer account required for delivery and the customer delivery addresses appear listed below. Select the delivery address required for the order line and click Set as Delivery Address. The delivery address list is taken from SOP Maintenance > Customer Delivery Addresses.
- Supplier account: Select the supplier account required for delivery and the main address appears in the delivery address list. To view the full details of the address, select the description and click View.
- Free text: Enter the postal name and full address details into the address boxes provided.
Note: The full address details can be checked by selecting the description and clicking View. The address details cannot be amended from this window and must be added or amended in the Sales Order Processing module.
From the View Delivery Address window, there is the further option to view the Supplier's Details. You cannot amend the details here. You can only amend the details on the supplier's record because the change is permanent. Alternatively, rather than using the supplier's record, you can use the Free text address option.
- Click Set as Delivery Address to set the delivery address. Click Set as Default Delivery Address to set these details as the default delivery address for all orders.
Amend item line description
To change the displayed item description select Amend item line description check box and enter the revised information in the displayed box.
Update prices when goods received
This box is only visible if you have selected the Allow prices to be updated when goods are received in the POP settings.About updating price settings
If this check box is selected the cost price of goods is confirmed when the goods are recorded as received.
When the goods are recorded as received:
- The exchange rate specified in the POP settings is used.
- The confirmed stock level is updated.
- The cost price is updated for stock items using the FIFO, Average and Actual costing methods.
When the purchase invoice is entered, any differences in the cost price of the goods on the purchase order and the cost price on the purchase invoice is posted to the nominal account specified in the POP settings.
- If the check box does not appear or is not selected, stock cost prices are updated when the purchase invoice is entered.
Enter the Item Values:
Buying price unit
You can change these if you are adding a stock item bought in trade units.
Enter the quantity for the order.
Note: The quantity will be modified if it is not an allowed amount (according to the unit's precision setting).
Enter the price per unit for the item.
The unit price displayed is the Average buying price for items using the FIFO, Average and Actual costing methods.
For items using the Standard costing method, the item's Standard price is displayed.
Unit discount %
Enter a discount if applicable. This can be entered as a percentage (Unit Discount %) or a fixed amount (Unit Discount).
Landed costs type
Landed costs value
Enter the landed costs if applicable.
Select the Landed costs type from the drop-down list:
About landed costs
- Not applicable - Select this if landed costs are not applicable to the stock item.
- Percentage based - Select this to add a percentage of the item cost to cover landed costs. You must also enter the percentage in the Landed costs value box.
Value based - Select this to add a value to the item cost to cover landed costs. You must also enter the value in the Landed costs value box.
Note: You cannot use value based landed costs for stock items using multiple buying and selling units.
You must have chosen to use landed costs in the Stock control settings and for the relevant Product Group.
The landed costs are not included in the total value of the purchase order.
When the purchase order is invoiced, the landed costs are:
Added to the value of the order and posted to the Stock nominal account specified for the stock item.
Added to the cost price of the stock item.
If you are using the standard costing method for your stock items, see How landed costs are posted.
- Posted to the landed costs nominal account specified in the stock settings.
Check the Item totals:
The appropriate VAT rate for the combination of supplier and item is displayed. Select another VAT rate for the item if required.
If required, enter Project analysis and Nominal analysis information:
Select the Project Code and Project Item from the Project analysis tab.If you are raising a purchase order to satisfy a sales order with project analysis, and you are entering a standard stock item of Product Type Stock, do not enter project analysis on the purchase order item as well. This will prevent a double posting for the cost of the stock (one from the sales order and one from the purchase order).
Select the Nominal Analysis tab to see the default nominal account for cost.
This is used to post the value of the stock. The nominal account is taken from the stock item record.
If you have selected to allow the amendment of nominal codes in the POP Settings, then check the nominal account displayed. Amend the code, if required.
- If the requested date is taken from the date entered on the Order Details tab; accept or amend the displayed date.
- To request order quantities for various delivery dates, click Multiple Dates. The Multiple Dates window is displayed.
- Enter the required delivery dates and quantities and click OK.
Note: If you're using Manufacturing, multiple delivery dates can't be used with MRP
Select the required Values from the drop-down lists.
To change the analysis codes, you must have selected to Allow amendment of - Analysis codes on the Order Entry tab of the POP Settings.
Click New value to add a new value to this analysis code.
To add new values, you must have selected Add New on Entry for the analysis code in Maintain Analysis Codes.
- Click Save to add the stock item to the order.