Find this screen
Watch a video
Put a supplier account on hold
Use this when you want to temporarily suspend an account and prevent new transactions being created for it.
- Just select the On Hold option.
- Enter a reason, if required
Hide or show a supplier account
You can hide an account that you're no longer using. For example, if you've ceased trading with this supplier. This removes the account from suppliers list and the lookup lists and helps prevent the account being selected in error.
To hide an account, set the Active Status to Hidden.
Enter a reason, if required.
To show an account, set the Active Status to Active.
About putting an account On Hold
Once an account in On Hold, you can't enter new transactions, invoices or sales orders for that
However you can still process existing transactions,
For example, you can:
- Post and allocate payments.
- Post existing direct debit and standing order payments to the account.
- Write off the
- Reverse and delete transactions from the account.
- Print and post
How can I see which accounts are on hold?
The easiest way to do this is to add a column to the Suppliers List:
Open: Purchase Ledger > Suppliers List.
- Right-click anywhere on the list.
- Choose Columns > On Hold.
You can choose whether to include hidden accounts on the List Of Accounts and Account Details reports (Reports > Account Analysis).
It's useful to hide any accounts that you're no longer using. This could be for
Hiding an account prevents them being selected in error. The account is removed from the
What if the account still has a balance?
You can hide or put an account on hold at any time, even if there is still a remaining balance, so it's best to use this carefully.
Can transactions still be posted to hidden accounts?
Yes. Any transactions that can be accessed without selecting a
- If the account has outstanding
purchase orders, these can still be selected and processed from the Purchase Order list.
- Direct debits / standing orders can still be processed.
- Purchase orders can still be generated if the hidden supplier is set as the preferred supplier on a stock item. You can check this from the Who Supplies What workspace (Stock Control > Enquiries)
- Suppliers can be still be paid, if a payment exists in the suggested payments file before the account is hidden.
To make sure that future transactions are not posted to this account, we recommend that you that you check your stock items and recurring transactions.
What if I hide an account in error?
If the account has been hidden incorrectly, just come back to this screen and set the Active Status to Active.
Where can I see hidden accounts?
- You can see the details of any hidden accounts on the
SupplierAccount Enquiry. Hidden accounts are included on the look up list here.
- You can print a list of hidden accounts from the Accounts Not Active report ( Reports > Account Analysis).
- You can choose whether to include hidden accounts on the List Of Accounts and Account Details reports ( Reports > Account Analysis).
Where can I see the reason accounts have been hidden?
This is shown on the Accounts Not Active report ( Reports > Account Analysis).