Use this to view either the current Profit and Loss position of the company or the current assets and liabilities. The information is displayed according to the financial statement layout selected (Profit and Loss or Balance Sheet).
Note: If you use this enquiry before completing the design of your financial statement layouts, you will have an incomplete nominal account view. As a result, the Profit and Loss, or current assets and liabilities will also be incomplete.
Balances for credits and debits are displayed for the nominal accounts. Negative values are displayed in brackets and zero balances are blank. Subtotals and balances for grouped nominal accounts are displayed appropriately. Lines not followed by a subtotal, blank lines, lines with dashes used for formatting purposes are ignored. Excluded from the Balance Sheet are account groups with category code of * (asterisk).
Balances can be displayed for the current year or a period in the current year. You can compare the current balances to balances from the previous year to identify variances that may exist.
You can print the displayed information. You can also select individual nominal accounts and view the transactions, making up the total on the account.
You must have:
- Designed your financial statement layouts.
Use view nominal structure
Open: Nominal Ledger > Nominal Enquiries > View Nominal Structure.
- Select your Profit and Loss layout and Balance Sheet layout.
- Select the period range you want to view.
- To compare the balances, select to compare the current period range, the same period for the prior year, or the prior period range.
- Click Display.
- Use the + and - symbols to the left of the report categories to expand and collapse the displayed nominal structure. To open and close all the categories, Click Expand All or Collapse All.
- To view a nominal account in detail, select the nominal account and click View Account Details.
- To print a copy of the information displayed, click Print.
During the activity you can also use:
Colour: To apply a single colour to alternate rows.
Clear: To clear the nominal structure from the screen.