Find this screen
Open: Cash Book > Period End Routines > Bank Feeds Reconciliation.
Open: Cash Book > Bank Account List and click Bank Feeds.
Use Bank Feeds Reconciliation to download transactions from your online bank account and compare them to transactions posted to your bank account in Sage 200.
- Download your bank transactions using the bank feeds service.
- Match your transactions using automatic or manual matching.
- Save your matched transactions as a draft, or continue to reconcile.
Before you begin
You must have:
Yodleebank feeds to connect your bank account with a bank account in Sage 200.
To allow a user to download and reconcile transactions, ensure that they have access to Bank Feeds Download Transactions and Bank Feeds Reconciliation.
First you will need to download transactions from your bank.
If you are not sure when you last downloaded transactions, you can see the date of the last import and the number of transactions that were downloaded.
- Select the Bank Account, if you haven't already.
- Select Download Transactions.
For the first time you download transactions, enter the date of the earliest transactions you want to download from your bank, then click OK.
We recommend you enter the day after your last bank reconciliation date. This means you don't import transactions that you've already reconciled.
The time taken to download transactions can vary between different banks and bank accounts.
Downloading using Yodlee bank feeds
- You can download transactions whenever you want to, but once downloaded, you must wait 15 minutes before you can download from the same bank again. This is to give Yodlee time to contact your bank, retrieve your transactions and send them to Sage.
- You can only download transactions if the person that enabled banks has signed in to bank feeds on your PC and given you permission to retrieve bank feeds data.
To reconcile transactions, match the transactions downloaded from your bank to the transactions from Sage 200.
- To match the transactions:
- Use the Auto Match to get started, then manually match any remaining transactions.
To manually match transactions, select individual transactions or a group of transactions from your bank and from Sage (in the top lists), then select Match to mark them as matched.
The matched transactions are then moved to the lower list, so you can easily see what's been reconciled and what's still to do.
- When you have finished matching, confirm the matches before you reconcile.
- If you don't want to complete the reconciliation yet, select Confirm Matches to save your matched transactions as a draft reconciliation.
- If you want to complete the reconciliation, select Confirm and continue to reconcile. Your matched transactions will be displayed in the Bank Reconciliation screen, where you can complete the reconciliation.
You can automatically match your bank transactions with your Sage 200 transactions. You can use this first to match most of the transactions, and then use manual matching to add or change anything before you finish the reconciliation.
To auto match transactions:
- Select Auto Match.
Pairs of individual matching transactions will be added to the Matched transactions list, based on the following:
- Date: The transaction dates must be within 4 days of each other.
- Amount: The transaction values must be identical.
- Type: The type of transaction must be the same; payments can only match other payments, and receipts can only match other receipts.
Note: A transaction will not be matched if there is more than one possible match, or it must be matched against multiple transactions.
You can manually match transactions instead of, or after, using automatic matching. You will also use manual matching if any single transaction needs to be matched against multiple transactions.
To match transactions:
Select the transactions to match.
- You can select more than one transaction in a list, for example one bank transaction could be linked to several in Sage 200.
- You can see a running total of the selected transactions in the Match difference box.
You can't select Sage transactions if:
- The transaction has been queried. These transaction will include a Query description.
- The transaction is included in a draft reconciliation. The transaction Status will show the name of the draft reconciliation.
Click Match to move the selected transactions down to the Matched transactions list.
Note: You can only match the transactions when the Match difference is zero.
- When you've finished matching all the transactions, click Confirm Matches.
To remove transactions from the Matched transactions list at the bottom:
Select the transaction to unmatch, then click Unmatch.
Tip: You can select a transaction from either your bank (left) or from Sage (right). The other transactions included in the match are highlighted.
When comparing your transactions, you may find a bank transaction on your statement that has not been posted in Sage 200. For example, this could be for bank charges or interest paid or received, or for transactions that you have missed. You can enter the details of the transaction that's on your bank statement but not yet entered into Sage 200.
- From the Transactions from your bank list, select the bank transaction(s) that you want to create a transaction for in Sage 200.
Select the type of transaction to post from the Add transaction of type drop-down list.
The type of transaction that's available will depend on the bank transaction you select.
- Enter the details.
Save the transaction.
If the new transaction amount matches the original bank transaction, the transactions are added to your Matched transactions.
To locate a specific transaction in any list:
- Right-click in the list section.
- Choose Find.
- Enter the text to search for in the Find field.
- Choose the column to search from the In column list.
- Choose whether to match the Start, Any or Whole text.
Only transactions for the current month are displayed by default, so if you want to see more transactions then you can change the date range.
To filter the transactions list by date, enter the date range in Show transactions from - To.
If you are part way through reconciling your statement, you can save a draft and continue later.
To save a bank reconciliation draft:
- Click Confirm Matches.
- Add a description so that you can identify this reconciliation.
- Click Save.
When you reconcile the bank account using Bank Reconciliation, you will be able to select the draft reconciliation and it will contain your matched transactions.
If you want to complete the reconciliation:
- Select Confirm and continue to reconcile.
- Your matched transactions will be displayed in the Bank Reconciliation screen, where you can complete the reconciliation.
When the reconciliation is complete, the transactions are marked as reconciled, so they will not appear in a future reconciliation.
If you have an incomplete reconciliation saved as a draft, you can resume it at the point you left off.
Open: Cash Book > Period End Routines > Bank Reconciliation.
- Select the bank account.
If the bank account has a saved draft reconciliation, they will be displayed.
Select the draft reconciliation record from the list.
- Click Recall.
- Continue your statement reconciliation from the point you saved it.
Before you can download and reconcile your bank transactions, you must set up bank feeds to connect your bank account with a bank account in Sage 200.
- To enable Yodlee bank feeds for a cash book account, see Yodlee bank feeds.
If you think a transaction is missing from the lists, this may be because:
- The transaction is not in the current date range. Only transactions for the current month are displayed by default, but you can change this by entering a date range in Show transactions from - To.
- The transaction has already been reconciled.
- The transaction is not included in the date range selected in Show transactions from - To.
- The bank transaction has already been matched in a saved draft reconciliation.
- The Sage transaction was not posted to this bank account. You can check this using the Bank Transaction Enquiry.
- Recent bank transactions may have not been downloaded. Check the last import date, and download transactions if required.
Yodlee bank feeds only
- Old bank transactions may not have been downloaded. When you downloaded transactions for the first time, you will have entered a date to get transactions from. Any transactions older than this date will not be downloaded.
- Transactions can sometimes be missing from your first download if Yodlee is still gathering transactions from your bank. If you have just set up bank feeds and your Yodlee account, and some transactions are missing from your first download, then we advise that you try downloading transactions again after 15 minutes.
If you are having problems downloading transactions using Yodlee bank feeds:
- Make sure that the person that enabled banks has signed in to bank feeds on your PC and given you permission to retrieve bank feed data.
If you have changed your online bank password, make sure that you have updated this in Sage 200. To do this:
- Open Cash Book > Cash Book Accounts > Amend Bank Account Details.
- Move to the E-Banking tab, then select Change Password.
- Note that you can only download bank transactions to Sage 200 once every 15 minutes.
- If you have just set up bank feeds, the bank feeds service may take some time to obtain your bank information. Wait 15 minutes until you try downloading again.
- If there is a problem during the download and no bank transactions are displayed, try starting the download again after 15 minutes.
When downloading bank feeds transactions using Yodlee bank feeds, the following message appears:
Server problem. No response from server. Would you like to retry?
But each time you click Retry, the message reappears.
This can occur if the Yodlee bank feeds service is taking some time to obtain your bank information.
To resolve this, wait for five minutes with the message on the screen before clicking Retry. If it times out again, wait a further five minutes.
If you've had this issue, you may find that the next time you download transactions you aren't prompted for a transaction date. To resolve this, you can disable and then re-enable bank feeds for this bank account:
Open Cash Book > Cash Book Accounts > Amend Bank Account Details, or select the account from the Bank Account List.
- Move to the E-Banking tab.
- In the Yodlee bank feeds section, select Disable Bank Feeds, then click Save.
- Enable bank feeds for this account again. See Set up Yodlee bank feeds.
If you've reconciled a transaction by mistake, you can unreconcile it using the Unreconcile Bank Transactions screen.
Open: Cash Book > Period End Routines > Unreconcile Bank Transactions.
Note: When you unreconcile, the Sage transaction will be marked as unreconciled, but the matched bank transaction will not reappear for bank feeds reconciliation. To reconcile this bank transaction, use the Bank Reconciliation screen instead.
I've over reconciled a transaction
If you have over reconciled a transaction, then you need to unreconcile it. See Unreconcile a transaction.
Note: You will be warned if you enter an Amount to Reconcile that is greater than the transaction value.